Happy Happy Joy Joy (was: On to Hydro)

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap@eros-os.org
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:11:21 -0400

This was sent by Tyler, but was bounced by Majordomo, which took the word
"sub" in the second line to be a subscription request.  I think I'm going to
reset majordomo to quit looking for subscription requests in the in-line
messages.

Another thing that's been itching at me. When I started this sub-thread,
with the E session outtake, I wasn't expecting it to cause
such a stir. Why is it wrong to have 'hidden' elements in an ordered
container? What sort of headaches might we cause by allowing
irreflexive elements in an ordered container? I haven't been able to
think of any obviously bad problems. There are certainly *many*
surprising results, but I can't think of any that can definitively be
called 'bad'.

Tyler