[E-Lang] Summary for Practical Programming

Bill Frantz frantz@communities.com
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:44:56 -0800

Marc - Thanks for trying to summarize things.

At 02:15 PM 2/1/01 -0700, Marc Stiegler wrote:
>6. We all agree that POLA is an inherent characteristic in the nature of
>capability systems, and to the various extents that each individual in this
>discussion knows the actual behaviors of these implementations, POLA is a
>part of both E and EROS as actual implementations.

I am not sure about this one.  I think some of the early capability systems
did not easily support POLA.  (Where is my copy of Levy.)  Certainly one
could design a capability system where every call (by convention) passed a
capability to the home directory.  I think a rewording is in order.