[E-Lang] Java 2 "Security" (was: Re: WelcomeChrisSkalkaandScottSmith of Johns Hopkins)

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap@eros-os.org
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:37:01 -0500

> ... if I've turned off all other network services, then my
> only vulnerabilities to outside programmers is through their ability to
> corrupt my MSWindows platform (eg, physical access), take advantage of
ways
> it was already corrupted than I might not have known ...

Translation: by turning off essentially all of the features that make a
computer useful today, I can reduce the space of potential vulnerabilities
from uncountably infinite to merely infinite.

I definitely find this comforting... :-) ... as reassurance that the demand
for EROS is real and pressing.

Sorry Mark -- a bit harsh, but I couldn't resist. Also, you neglected to add
that you should probably never connect your machine to the network again for
fear of delayed effects.