[E-Lang] Java 2 "Security" (was: Re: WelcomeChrisSkalkaandScottSmith of Johns Hopkins)

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap@eros-os.org
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:38:12 -0500

> While I also look forward to E on EROS, I'll go ahead a much stronger
claim
> than yours.  If I'm running E on my MSWindows machine (or Unix or Mac) on
> which I use only E to interact with those outside my machine (eg, you and
> are eChatting), and if I've turned off all other network services...

Lauren (my wife) notes that turning off the machine works too. I'ld add that
this is the most effective known technique for securing a Windows machine.