[E-Lang] New Page: Partially Ordered Message Delivery

Karp, Alan alan_karp@hp.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:51:17 -0800

Thanks, MarkM, I did find the remark interesting.  If you're interested in
implementing something like this, I can dredge up, or more easily
reconstruct, the protocol developed by David Stephenson of HP that handles
multihop introductions.  In these, Alice grants some privileges to Bob; Bob
grants a subset to Carol; Carol grants a subset to David.  The protocol
arranges for David to be introduced to Alice and end up with the same set of
privileges he would have had without the introduction.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Decision Technology Department
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories MS 1U-2