[E-Lang] Bug Report: No longer installs headless

Mark S. Miller markm@caplet.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:43:14 -0800

Up through 0.8.9k, if you were installing E on a Linux box over a telnet
session, it would detect that it was running headless, and just use stdout
to give you feedback (really, just letting you know at the end that the
install worked), rather than die trying to bring up a swing button in a
telnet session.

In 0.8.9p & the soon-to-be-announced 0.8.9s simply fail to install in this
situation.  I will fix this somehow, as I know of several kludgy ways to
detect if I'm headless, but is there a good conventional way to do so from
Java?