[E-Lang] ERTP-aware MintMaker

hal@finney.org hal@finney.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:09:41 -0800

Steve Jenson writes:
>                 to compareTo(other) :any {
>                     quantity compareTo(other.quantity)
>                 }
>                 to transfer(var src,var dest) {
>                     src := issuer vouch(src)
>                     dest := issuer vouch(dest)
>                     unsealer unseal(src.decr)(quantity)
>                     unsealer unseal(dest.incr)(quantity)
>                 }

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the issuer vouch for "other"
in compareTo?  I gather that it is supposed to be another assay.
(I forget why you want to be able to compare the amounts in two assays.)
Probably a fake assay would be detected later but in general it is a
good idea to detect errors as early as possible.

Hal