[E-Lang] Combining strong authentication and secrecy protocols.

Norman Hardy norm@cap-lore.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:48:36 -0800

At 3:59 PM -0800 2/19/01, zooko@mad-scientist.com wrote:

>http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/modes/workshop1/index.html#proposals
>
>http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/rogaway00ocb.html
>http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/384472.html
>http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/381592.html
>http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/knudsen00block.html
>

>And a very stimulating discussion of related techniques...
>
>http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/bellare-encodethenencipher.html

Thanks for the pointers. I have skimmed one or two. The bear further reading.
I will include the pointers in my page if you don't mind.

>P.S.  I haven't read about CBCC yet, so I don't know how much overlap
>there is here.

Now I can't find the web page with the little info that I have on
CBCC. Evidently it is
in a Xerox report that is out of print. I reconstructed the idea from
something as simple as "do a simple checksum before enciphering.".
--
Norman Hardy  <http://cap-lore.com/>