[E-Lang] Question about transparent forwarder example in E in a Walnut

Wesley Felter wesley@felter.org
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:48:24 -0600 (CST)

Either I found an EiaW typo, in which case this is probably only of
interest to MarcS, or I'm confused about how match and call/send work.

In http://www.skyhunter.com/marcs/ewalnut.html#TOC63 I see:

transparentForwarderMaker new(farObjectToRepresent) :any {
    def forwarder {
        match [verb,args] {E send(target,verb,args)}
    }
}

I'm confused by the appearance of "target", which doesn't appear to be
bound anywhere, and the fact that farObjectToRepresent isn't used. I'm
guessing this is a typo and replacing target with farObjectToRepresent
should fix it, but maybe there's something that I'm missing.

Wesley Felter - wesley@felter.org - http://felter.org/wesley/