[E-Lang] newbie syntax exploration: Python O-O syntax

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:39:10 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <zooko@mad-scientist.com>
To: E Language Discussions <e-lang@eros.cis.upenn.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 7:43 PM
Subject: [E-Lang] newbie syntax exploration: Python O-O syntax

> And I have never yet learned the alternatives available in E.  :-)

So, Zooko, what do I have to do to get you across the giant psychological
barrier that separates your E code, written in the margins of your
printouts, from actually being exercised in an Elmer or E interpreter?

I ask this question on two levels: one is the personal level, because, as I
have said before, it is clear that E is your personal destiny. The other is
macro: what is missing from the collection of materials now available that
would break down this barrier? Things that used to be parts of the barrier
are:

ludicrous difficulty finding the E distribution on the E web site--fixed as
of a couple days ago.
horrific installation process--fixed as of a couple months ago
pathetic documentation -- at least sort of fixed a couple months ago

Since these are reasonably fixed at this point, I am running out of ideas
for how to make it easier. Insights greatly appreciated.

--marcs