[E-Lang] Re: [EROS-Arch] Liquid software requirements.

Mark S. Miller markm@caplet.com
Mon, 01 Jan 2001 17:43:33 -0800

At 01:12 PM Monday 1/1/01, Ben Laurie wrote:
>>By the time one builds any real system, the time spent on
>> single key operations can barely be found on the profile.  (Assuming a
>> decent implementation of a well chosen single key system.)
>
>Hmm. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but HTTPS servers spend a significant
>fraction of their time on key operations.

Public key or single key?  If single key, and if it's a good choice of
algorithm, then you haven't misunderstood, and I retract my earlier
statement in the face of this empirical data.  Ballpark, what fraction is
spent on single key operations?  Which single key algorithm?