[E-Lang] Announcing stl-E 0.8.9k: An interim non-distributed release

Karp, Alan alan_karp@hp.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:25:44 -0800

I just read MarkM's note on the subject, and I agree with his interpretation
of my suggestion.  He did give me one idea for dealing with untrusted
classes.  Can I disassemble the class to Java source and recompile with a
compiler I installed on my own machine?  Won't this approach take care of
the malicious byte code attacks?  Either they won't produce Java at all, or
something in the Java will prevent compilation.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Decision Technology Department
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories MS 1U-2