[E-Lang] Announcing stl-E 0.8.9k: An interim non-distributed release

Karp, Alan alan_karp@hp.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:23:56 -0800

Does that mean you can make a Java class access the file system by passing
it a bad argument even if there's no file access code in the class?  I've
heard of such attacks in other languages but not in Java.  If it's possible,
even theoretically, then my idea has no merit.  Of course, it makes every
other form of checking extremely difficult, too.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Decision Technology Department
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories MS 1U-2