[E-Lang] Some announcements (minor bug report and development news)

Dan Moniz dnm@pobox.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:22:31 -0500

Hi everyone,

I recently encountered a bug in the E 0.8.9 installer. It's possible that
if you attempt to run setup.exe from the directory where E is installed and
attempt to re-install it in the same directory that you can get caught in a
recursive copy until you terminate the install dialog (with Ctrl-C, in my
case). MarkM has been made aware of this bug and will be fixing the C
routine in the installer soon.

In other news, I'm pleased to announce that I'll be developing an E
compiler, with the first target being from E to Java bytecode. Mark seems
satisfied with my background in implementing Scheme compilers and general
Lambda heritage, so I'll be starting in earnest around next week. In
addition, I'd like to welcome Steve Jenson to the list, who is a good
friend of mine and will be joining my DRM team in openCOLA R&D, working
full-time and alongside MarkM to facilitate openCOLA's DRM and Smart
Contract framework using E.

--
Dan Moniz <dnm@pobox.com> [http://www.pobox.com/~dnm/]