[E-Lang] OpenCola's digital rights management

Ben Laurie ben@algroup.co.uk
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:42:26 +0000

hal@finney.org wrote:
>    Auditing of deeds is an automatic process, one that is undertaken by
>    "audit-bots" spawned by the copyright-holder or their proxy. Such
>    audit-bots crawl the network looking for media, then checking the
>    deed for legitimate title. Users with unlicensed media are informed of
>    their violation by the bots, and are given a set time to put their
>    affairs in order.

Oh yeah? And how is this going to crawl my in-car MP3 player? Or,
indeed, my home network? If they think I'm going to let their software
sniff around my machines, they're on a rather different planet than the
one I inhabit.

Cheers,

Ben.

--