[E-Lang] Java 2 "Security" (was: Re: WelcomeChrisSkalkaand ScottSmith of Johns Hopkins)

Karp, Alan alan_karp@hp.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:34:25 -0800

Absolutely not.  I care about the party I gave the capability to, not the
wielder.  That is an essential difference.  Someone I never heard of can get
a privilege from someone else.  That's a good thing, since I don't have to
manage large ACLs.  If I don't like the way the capability is being handled,
I revoke it.  I only have to track the capability, or at worst the user I
gave it to.

> Jonathan

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist