[E-Lang] Java 2 "Security" (was: Re: WelcomeChrisSkalkaandScottSmith of Johns Hopkins)

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap@eros-os.org
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:40:09 -0500

> .... Based on Jonathan's
> flexibility in an ACL system is not something which has ever been
> proposed.

It's been proposed before. I've heard variants on this proposal from at
least five people at different times. The problem is as you say. The size
(and more importantly, the frequency of update) of the database makes it
infeasible in practice, so nobody has bothered to write it up.

Now the question: was this actually what David was describing?

Jonathan