[E-Lang] Why Not Coroutines? (was: Deadlock-free [was what is good about E?])

Mark S. Miller markm@caplet.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:18:54 -0700

At 07:02 PM Thursday 7/19/01, Richard wrote:
>You seem to be saying that coroutines can be used to implement user
>threading.  No.  *Continuations* (which are provided, eg, by Scheme and
>Stackless Python) can be used to implement user threading.  You mean
>"continuations".

You imply that it's possible to provide coroutines without providing
continuations.  That may be, but I find it hard to imagine.  What would the
API of these coroutine primitives look like?