[E-Lang] Interim Draft Slides for Pisa Talk

Mark S. Miller markm@caplet.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 00:00:01 -0700

Are at http://www.erights.org/talks/pisa/siframes.htm

Comments sent quickly may arrive in time to keep me from making a fool of
myself, which would be much appreciated.

Btw, this talk has been highly influenced by The Mystery of Capital
http://www.rcp.net.pe/ild/f-newbook.htm by Hernando de Soto
http://www.rcp.net.pe/ild/f-nutshell.htm .  Although it's a bit uneven in
places, it is one of the very best books I've ever read.  After reading it,
I suddenly found myself able to actually think about vast parts of the world
that I previously didn't know how to approach.  (I've had very few such
experiences in the last decade or so.)  Although de Soto isn't thinking about
Smart Contracting at all, this is the book to read to understand how Smart
Contracting might change the world.

And thanks to Zooko for recommending it!