[E-Lang] E FAQ

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:07:00 -0700

> Way cool!
>
> We need to package this up as a web applet. It should lock up the keymap
and
> then put up a dialog box that says:
>
>     If Java was secure, you'ld be able to type right now.

It only works this badly if the applet is sharing the same jvm with another
applet: the lock is "only" jvm-wide. An IDE written in Java that launched
programs under development under the same jvm would, of course, get eaten
alive :-)

Far more interesting from the cracking perspective is, the same technology
allows you to listen to all keystrokes in all windows in the jvm. Great
snooping tool! Unless your running as a caplet under eDesk with CapWT and a
powerbox, in which case, so sorry, at least this one is shut off (or will
be, once all is done).

I'd guess the Java answer is, "hey, what you doin', tryin' ta run software
from mutually suspicious parties on a single jvm anyway?"

--marcs