[E-Lang] real live newbie caught trying to learn E

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:14:06 -0700

> "Class shorthand?", I think.  I go to read _E_in_a_Walnut_.  It says that
if
> you already know Java you might try just using the Quick Reference, so I
go
> there:
>
> http://www.erights.org/elang/quick-ref.html

Yeah, the quick reference is agonizingly out of date. Somehow, I've just
gotta make time to update it this week. It has been screaming at me to be
done for months now. The class shorthand, as shown in the example I sent out
earlier today, was one of the results of the Total Syntax Upheaval at the
beginning of the year (actually, the "class" keyword had been around for a
long time, but one outcome of the Upheaval was using the keyword
ubiquitously).

--marcs