[e-lang] Announcing E-on-Common-Lisp (was Re: Is send DeepFrozen?)

Kevin Reid kpreid at attglobal.net
Sat Dec 11 19:38:16 EST 2004

On Dec 11, 2004, at 18:45, Mark Miller wrote:

> Kevin Reid wrote:
>> I ask this because I have an experimental E implementation with
>> working DeepFrozen auditing, for which I need to resolve this issue.
>
> Cool! Will you be submitting this for integration into a future E
> release? (Please, please...)

Sorry, that was vague. I have not implemented DeepFrozen auditing for
E-on-Java. Rather, I am writing E-on-Common-Lisp from scratch.

Information:

So far I have implemented almost the entire Kernel-E language (except
for escape-catch and meta.getState()) via translation to CL, and enough
of ELib to run interesting code (though no IO as yet).

Parsing of E source is handled by a Java-E subprocess.

I am attempting to write as much of the non-primitive ELib code as I
can in E, so that it is not specific to this implementation, and not
'part of the TCB'.

I have Updoc and a REPL (interactive interpreter), written in CL.

I am testing it on SBCL <http://www.sbcl.org/> and OpenMCL
<http://openmcl.clozure.com/>. At one point, I confirmed that it ran on
CLISP <http://clisp.cons.org/> except for the Java-E parser connection.

A question:

Since the code is significantly derived from Java-E (particularly such
parts as the Equalizer, which is a direct translation), how should I
phrase the copyright and license information?

Other than some hardcoded system-specific configuration, and other such
details, this is the only reason I haven't yet published the source.