[e-lang] Re: Observation with timeout

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Dec 28 03:12:54 EST 2004

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Reid <kpreid at attglobal.net> writes:

Kevin> "handler" would, I assumed, be invoked by the web server, it being a
Kevin> request handler (analogous to CGI/ASP/etc.). [...]

OK, thanks.  Here's how I understand the program now:

It seems that the responsibility to notify the database that it's no
longer interested in the response rests with the handler---it's not
embedded in the databse abstraction itself.  That means that, if the
request involved setting up some locks, the handler could leave those
around.

Is that correct?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike