[e-lang] authority bounding for capabilities

Fred Spiessens e-lang@mail.eros-os.org
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:07:14 +0100

Hi all,

I'm working on a formal system for reasoning about authority bounding
for capabilities, trying to formalize the ideas in Miller's and
Shapiro's "Paradigm regained", and inspired by Saraswat's and
Jagadeesan's "Static support for capability-based programming in Java".

You can find my (extremely) preliminary attempts at these URLs:

http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/people/fsp/captheory.doc
http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/people/fsp/captheory.pdf

As this work is in an early stage, I would very much appreciate your
comments, ideas and contributions.
I'm a bit stuck for the moment, thorn between 3 goals: keep it simple,
make it expressive, don't re-invent any wheels.
To deal with the last concern, I'm now studying modal logic, as I found
many similarities. Maybe some of you could point me in better
directions here too?

I will keep the mentioned URLs up to date.
If there's enough interest for the subject,  I can set up a Wiki
website to make co-operation easier.

Cheers,
Fred.

Fred Spiessens