[e-lang] Patch (0.8.28e): Removing ValueGuard#getName/0

Dean Tribble tribble at e-dean.com
Sat Jul 10 21:25:16 EDT 2004

I vaguely recalled some uses that were not printOn, but did not actually
look.  I was reacting to the pattern of potentially relying on specifics
of printOn rather than the an actuality.  optUncall would have the same
problem:  its semantics don't specify a representation, and so it would
only be coincidence that it happened to produce the name of the guard.

But that's all minor background.  My more important vague memory is that
optName is a hack, and caller should not be counting on that value,
anyway :-)