[e-lang] E is data-flow, not control-flow, correct?

zuzu sean.zuzu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 15:19:14 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:19:59 -0400, Jonathan S. Shapiro
<shap at eros-os.org> wrote:
> E is currently *implemented* on top of Java, but there is work in
> progress on a native virtual machine. While shifting to the native VM
> will require a massive effort to rebuild some libraries, I think it is
> safe to view Java as an inconvenience of the current implementation
> rather than an essential attribute of the language.
>
> --
> Jonathan S. Shapiro <shap at eros-os.org>

ok, fine.  are the language syntax and idioms untainted by java's
syntax and idioms somewhere?

my questions of whether E relies on "data flow" (typical of actor
languages) rather than "control flow" (typical of most other
languages) and whether E is "pure actor" or not, still remain.

thanks,
-z