[e-lang] Announcing Release Candidate 0.8.30b: Incremental Improvements

Mark Miller markm at caplet.com
Thu Jul 29 02:01:55 EDT 2004

At http://www.erights.org/download/0-8-30/index.html

Bugs fixed:

Ref.whenResolved doesn't accept non-near 2nd argument
https://bugs.sieve.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125632&group_id=16380

Expansion of expr with undefined variable isn't printed
https://bugs.sieve.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125633&group_id=16380

JComboBox prints in the wrong thread
https://bugs.sieve.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125634&group_id=16380

Thanks to Kevin Reid for reporting all these!

(For recently filed bugs that haven't yet been closed, see the end of
https://bugs.sieve.net/bugs/index.php?group_id=16380&set=custom&_assigned_to=120804&_status=1&_category=100&_bug_group=100&SUBMIT=Browse .)

The Highlights page at
http://www.erights.org/download/0-8-30/highlights.html explains some other
changes:

The previously deprecated Miranda method "__yourself/0" is now gone.

We've reserved the keyword "delicate".

We've changed the experimental syntax for property access from foo.bar to
foo::bar, in order to have foo.bar instead be experimental syntax for
currying the message selector, in order to cheaply create a
one-selector-facet on an object. Neither of these are an official part of
the language, but there are pragma-controlled switches you can enable to
play with these.

These are all more fully explained on the Highlights page.