[e-lang] Announcing Release Candidate 0.8.30b: Incremental Improvements

Mark Miller markm at caplet.com
Thu Jul 29 02:01:55 EDT 2004

At http://www.erights.org/download/0-8-30/index.html

Bugs fixed:

Ref.whenResolved doesn't accept non-near 2nd argument

Expansion of expr with undefined variable isn't printed

JComboBox prints in the wrong thread

Thanks to Kevin Reid for reporting all these!

(For recently filed bugs that haven't yet been closed, see the end of
https://bugs.sieve.net/bugs/index.php?group_id=16380&set=custom&_assigned_to=120804&_status=1&_category=100&_bug_group=100&SUBMIT=Browse .)

The Highlights page at
http://www.erights.org/download/0-8-30/highlights.html explains some other

The previously deprecated Miranda method "__yourself/0" is now gone.

We've reserved the keyword "delicate".

We've changed the experimental syntax for property access from foo.bar to
foo::bar, in order to have foo.bar instead be experimental syntax for
currying the message selector, in order to cheaply create a
one-selector-facet on an object. Neither of these are an official part of
the language, but there are pragma-controlled switches you can enable to
play with these.

These are all more fully explained on the Highlights page.