[e-lang] edoc

James Graves ansible at xnet.com
Mon May 17 16:15:45 EDT 2004

I finally found some time to look through edoc.

Unfortunately, it seems there are only about 6 files which aren't
tainted by the SCSL.  That doesn't really leave much code left.

It seems it may be better to just re-do the whole thing from scratch.
There's a couple main choices for implementation language: Java or E.

If we go the Java route, SinjDoc seems to have progressed a bit
since MarkM might have last looked at it:

So we might want to start from that as a base.  It is GPL, BTW.  Is that
OK, or did we want a less restrictive license?

And the other thing to do might be to just write the whole thing in E.

That might be an interesting exercise, and perhaps the first step
towards getting E more self-hosted.

Opinions anyone?

James Graves