[e-lang] Announcing E 0.8.31e: A bug-fix release

Mark Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Oct 19 19:56:34 EDT 2004

At <http://www.erights.org/download/0-8-31/index.html>.

Thanks to Keith Binder, Nigel Williams, and all those who responded privately
to my query, E now seems to work on MSWindows XP SP2. If you're running SP2
and E 0.8.31e and still have problem
<http://www.eros-os.org/pipermail/e-lang/2004-October/010107.html>, or if
you're not running SP2 and see that problem either before or after upgrading
to E 0.8.31e, please let me know. Thanks.

With thanks to Steve Rifkin's help building and installing an earlier E on
Solaris, the new release fixes the missing MACHDIR bug
<https://bugs.sieve.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125652&group_id=16380>.
MACHDIR/e.machdir should now be set automatically to sparc when building on
these platforms, and is set automatically in the new
E-solaris-motif-sparc-0.8.31e.tar.gz which is now available from the download
page.

(Steve, when you've got time, it would be good to upgrade the ugrad and phd
machines to 0.8.31e, but I don't think there's any rush.)