[e-lang] Quick comments needed on tgc draft

Mark Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Sun Jun 12 21:19:29 EDT 2005

At

<https://www.cypherpunks.to/erights/talks/promises/promises2.pdf>

you can now find a rough half-draft of a paper I need to submit *soon*
(Deadline 6/19) for the invited talk I gave on E at TGC05
<http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sangio/TGC05/>. This will be our first ever paper
whose focus is E's concurrency and distributed computing model, rather than
its security. (The paper does make some novel security points you may find
interesting as well.) Tentative title:

         Decentralized Concurrency Control Under Mutual Suspicion:
                  Programming in E as Plan Coordination

If you'd like to make suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it! Since the paper is
about E, feel free to reply on e-lang or to me as you feel is appropriate.
Thanks in advance!

In case you'd like to make comments by editing in place, at
<https://www.cypherpunks.to/erights/talks/promises/promises2.odt>
you will find the OpenOffice 1.9.100 (OpenOffice 2 Beta) source file.

Any help on converting all this to the Springer Verlag LaTeX format
<http://www.springeronline.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,5-164-2-72376-0,00.html>
would also be greatly appreciated. At the present time, I'm still clueless
about LaTeX.