[e-lang] Vat figure

Karp, Alan H alan.karp at hp.com
Mon Jun 20 20:50:12 EDT 2005

This was MarkM's objection, too, but I'm not so sure.  If an immediate
invocation can only put something on the head of the dequeue, and an
eventual message can only go on the tail of the dequeue, there's no way
for immediate messages to interleave with each other or with eventual
messages.  That's the essential point.  You don't even need the concept
of a turn.  We can even explain it in terms of MarkM's example of a
to-do list.  Items go either on the top or the bottom.

> --
> David Hopwood <david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk>

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist