[e-lang] Two-vat figure

Mark Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Jun 21 17:22:21 EDT 2005

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> I've now posted the source file at
>
>     http://zesty.ca/2vat.svg

Thanks!

Do you know how to get Inkscape to generate an .eps whose bounding box just
includes the stuff that's visible?

Since I don't know, in order to try putting this figure in the document, on
the paper's web page you'll now see links to your above original, as well as a
2vat-only.svg in which I removed hidden stuff to the left of the figure, and
to the resulting 2vat-only.eps.

The illustration appears on page 11 of the .pdf. What's the right way to tell
LaTeX to scale it so that it fits within the document's width? (Why isn't this
the default?) Not knowing what the right way is, I said instead

\centerline{\psfig{figure=2vat-only.eps,width=330pt}}

which is a smidgen narrower than needed. However, this trial reveals that the
resulting scaling leaves the text, IMO, much too small. Please have a look and
let me know what you think.

Thanks again!