[e-lang] Feedback on figures

Mark Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Jun 28 20:02:35 EDT 2005

Hi Ping,

I grabbed your drawings, edited them a bit, incorporated them into the
document, and posted all in the usual place:
http://www.erights.org/talks/promises/paper/index.html
Please let me know what you think of the changes.

On big1vat: Its vertical space still seems excessive, so I packed this version
again.

On big2vat: I edited the text, so that there's less text in the figure. I also
made the code-text larger. I think some of the remaining text is still too small.

On promise3: I extracted promise-only from it. Although we don't care about
wasted horizontal space, I thought the huge right box just looked silly. I
used the extra room to spread out the message boxes some. For the two figures
you have in mind, I see no reason to generate them by layer switching one
drawing, and the cost of this trick is too high.

On refstates: I changed this to use your new open arrowheads.