[e-lang] Reference-state diagram

Mark Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:27:42 EDT 2005

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
>
>>A good compromise would be to use a figure like the one you have
>>on your web page and add a grouping labelled "vat-crossing" or
>>"remote" that contains "remote promise" and "far".
>
> And here by "good compromise" i meant "best of both worlds." :)

It is indeed, thanks! The currently posted draft contains the current figures.
I did make various fonts larger. When your eyes are as old as mine, perhaps
you'll be glad I did ;).

All the embedded (**...**) notes-to-ourselves are now switched by the
following macro:

\newcommand{\oops}[1]{{(**{#1}**)}}            % Notes to ourselves, on
% \newcommand{\oops}[1]{}                        % Notes to ourselves, off

With these all turned off, we're still coming in at 36 pages. Once the
bibliography is completed, this will probably be 37. Until we hear otherwise,
our limit remains 35 pages. What should we delete?