[e-lang] Netcat in E?

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:08:39 EST 2006

On 1/19/06, Kevin Reid <kpreid at attglobal.net> wrote:
> [...] it doesn't have a
> proper package prefix (I own no domains).

What about org.cubik?

> I don't know. I wrote both of them pretty much not looking at the
> other. They have large non-overlapping parts.

In that case, I won't. At some point, I expect to accept many of your
E files back into the E-on-Java distribution, at which time we'll try
to reconcile remaining differences. In the meantime, I've added the
following text to the shared download page

keio (link): Kevin Reid's draft implementation of EIO for E-on-Java.
    Read Kevin's announcement and more before using. I expect the
eventual official EIO
    implementation for E-on-Java will be based instead on Kevin's
implementation of EIO for

    Keio depends on Java's NIO, which was introduced as of Java 1.4.