[e-lang] Expansion without HilbertHotel (was Scope oddities in ObjectExpr ...)

Mark S. Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Sun Mar 12 02:58:49 EST 2006

Kevin Reid wrote:
> What do you think of this mechanism?

It sounds quite good! Unlike the Hilbert Hotel, it sounds like might even be
correct.

I think the Hilbert Hotel approach is hopeless. I don't think it can be fixed.
So this alternative is quite welcome!

Unfortunately, because E-on-Java ENodes are currently always immediately
DeepPassByCopy, they can only ever hold DeepPassByCopy substructure, so I'm
not sure how to adapt your technique to E-on-Java.