[e-lang] Why are swt.Display map() functions suppressed?

Martin Scheffler martinscheffler at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:58:41 CST 2007

In src/safej/org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Display.safej:
The map functions are suppressed. They can be used to transform mouse
positions between local coordinate systems of composites.
See http://help.eclipse.org/help31/nftopic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/index.html

I need this for drag and drop:
I need the exact position at that a draggable item was dropped on a
target. I tried adding a MouseEvent listener to the target, but
unfortunately the mouse events arrive later than the drop event.
The drop event contains mouse positions, but they are in absolute screen space.
To transform these positions to be relative to the drop target, I need
the map functions.

Could you enable them? I don't think they leak any authority.

Thanks,
Martin