[e-lang] E Wiki Spam

James Graves ansible at xnet.com
Wed Mar 7 10:17:48 CST 2007

Mark S. Miller wrote:

> As shown by its history page at
> <http://wiki.erights.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=history>
> the home page of the erights wiki has been spammed twice since we required
> login in order to edit. What should we do about this?

0. User Fgfggfgf has been blocked.  Generally speaking, spam from IP
address should only be blocked for a limited time (I've been using 1
year).  For user accounts, the ban is permanent.

1. According to this:

http://wiki.erights.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Fgfggfgf

This user has only made 2 edits, and those have already been reverted.

2. It would help if I checked the website more often.  Been busy lately.

Up until now, I have been the only one with sysop status, so I've been
the only one who can block users.

(big booming voice)

But this has changed!  I have granted sysop status to Markm and Kevin
Reid!  Use this power wisely!

(end big booming voice)

I am assuming that the usual suspects on this mailing list have indeed
signed up for the wiki with their own names.  If this is not the case,
now would be a good time to let me know.  :-)

Martin: if you would also like sysop status, let me know.

James