[e-lang] EProxyResolver and sameness-breaking

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:23:55 CST 2007

On 3/7/07, Kevin Reid <kpreid at mac.com> wrote:
> In the case of remote promises, a comm system must use a hash table
> to store the promise-and-handler pairs. This is an additional cost
> over the current system, and I haven't yet thought of a fix.
>
> What do you think of this idea?

The problem you're fixing has bugged me for a long time, but I did not
expect a practical solution. I haven't been in the relevant code for a
long time, so my memory may be somewhat stale. AFAICT from my old
stale memories, your proposal should be both correct and practical.
The extra cost you mention above should not be a problem. I like it.