[e-lang] Why are swt.Display map() functions suppressed?

marcs at skyhunter.com marcs at skyhunter.com
Wed Mar 7 13:22:14 CST 2007

Martin,

My reading of elang has been interrupted by a spam problem, sorry for the late reply.

I need to think about the correct answer to this taming problem before making a
commitment, but I am sure that we will support your need straightforwardly one
way or the other (2 candidates, unsuppress the map functions, or replace the
current drag/drop mouse position getters with getters that return results in
window-relative coordinates). However we do it, I think you can make your system
so that you can easily upgrade to the final solution by creating an intermediary
on the drag/drop object that does the transform, use that ubiquitously, and for
the moment turn on the map functions in your own safej files.

--marcs