[e-lang] Documentation bug for FlexList

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 22:43:34 CDT 2007

<http://erights.org/javadoc/org/erights/e/elib/tables/FlexList.html>

# void setRun(int start, int bound, EList other)
# Enabled: Replace from start..!bound in this list with other.

? def a := [2, 3, 4].diverge()
# value: [2, 3, 4].diverge()

? a.setRun(0, 0, [1])
? a
# value: [1, 2, 3, 4].diverge()

1. Why is this called 'setRun'? 'insertRun' would make more sense.

2. The documentation is at best misleading; I would have expected
   "replacing" the sublist to result in [1, 3, 4].diverge().
   (I'm assuming the implemented behaviour is as intended, since 'insert'
   is documented to be defined in terms of 'setRun'.)

Suggested fix:
 - add 'insertRun' with clearer documentation, and deprecate 'setRun'
 - change documentation of 'insert' to refer to 'insertRun'