[e-lang] EProxyResolver and sameness-breaking

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:51:17 CDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Kevin Reid <kpreid at attglobal.net> wrote:
> To fix this, I have redefined the identity of a Far ref to be not the
> [handler, resolutionSlot], but rather [handler,
> makeTraversalKey(resolutionSlot)]. This way, the ref's identity is still
> completely derived from the proxy construction, but it is not subject to
> promise resolution.
>
> I have this implemented in E-on-CL, but only in a form too ugly to
> publish; I will improve and commit it soon.
>
> I am also working on implementing this proxy system in E-on-Java.

I like this. However, in E-on-Java, makeTraversal key still has problem
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1605810&group_id=75274&atid=551529>.

Kevin, I remember you had an elegant proposal for fixing this, but I
don't remember what it is. If it's already posted, could you reply
with a pointer? Have you implemented your proposal in E-on-CL? Thanks.