[e-lang] Bug (0.9.1b): old when syntax fails with "not a poser"

Mark S. Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Sun Mar 25 00:20:10 CDT 2007

Kevin Reid wrote:
> ? e`when (a) -> a(b) {}`
> # problem: Failed: Internal: not a poser: [epatt`a`]
> [...]
> While this syntax is deprecated, the parser shouldn't be failing with
> a cryptic error giving no source position.

This is now bug:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1687704&group_id=75274&atid=551529

The bug causing this internal error occurs in this test case during the
attempt to report:

# syntax error: The optional e.enable.hard-when feature (see
org/erights/e/elang/syntax/syntax-props-default.txt) is currently off.
#
#   when (a) -> a(b) {}

This bug is now fixed (but not yet committed or released), and the above is
successfully reported.