[e-lang] How to deal with eventual sending withnon-local returns

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 12:09:52 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Reid" <kpreid at mac.com>

> The applicable rule in this case is simple: ejectors have dynamic
> extent. Calling an ejector after its corresponding escape block has
> been exited causes the ejector to throw a complaint instead.

This is making sense to me.

> When the when body is run, __break will throw reporting that it is
> invalid, and (as with any other throw from a similar point) that
> exception will be in the tracelog, and in the broken reference which
> the promise for the result of the when expression resolves to.

Yes, good.

> See http://www.erights.org/elang/kernel/EscapeExpr.html for more
> information and other unusual cases.

This is where I constructed my example from.   It doesn't cover the explicit
case of calling the ejector from the inside of an eventually scheduled body.
It only covers synchronous called cases.

I didn't realize there was a rule governing such.  Pardon me for my
transgressions.

Thank you,
Rob