[e-lang] Causeway JSON format doc? (attn Tyler Close and Terry Stanley)

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:54:38 CDT 2008

Hi Kevin,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Kevin Reid <kpreid at mac.com> wrote:
> Is there any specification of the latest Causeway JSON trace file
> format? I've only found <http://waterken.sourceforge.net/debug/>,
> which is non-exhaustive, and an older JSON format document sent to me
> in e-mail.

The log format is defined by the set of "data" classes at:

<http://waterken.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/ref_send/log/package-summary.html>

The org.waterken.syntax.json package defines a serialization from Java
record classes to JSON. So the Causeway JSON trace file format is the
serialization of any object tree you can compose from the classes
linked to above.

> If there isn't, I'll write it by inspection and put it on
> wiki.erights.org, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Sounds good.

> - The links to org.ref_send.log.* in <http://waterken.sourceforge.net/debug/
> are broken.

Fixed now. Thanks.

> - The log format looks like it's a special case of some general
> format, which I think I've seen before. Where is it specified?

There's some documentation at:

<http://waterken.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/ref_send/package-summary.html#package_description>

The serialization code is OK documentation in itself:

<http://waterken.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/waterken/server/trunk/waterken/remote/src/org/waterken/syntax/json/JSONSerializer.java?view=markup>

--Tyler