[e-lang] E language over I2P

Derick Eddington derick.eddington at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 16:13:45 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 07:49 -0500, Kevin Reid wrote:
> > Also, I2P's base protocol is datagram based, which I thought could
> > eliminate having to do your own packet format over bytestreams for
> > CapTP messages.  (I2P also has streaming connections (implemented
> > over its datagrams) over which the existing E packet format could
> > be done).
>
> CapTP requires ordered, reliable (e.g. dropping one message in the
> sequence would invalidate the protocol) messages. Does I2P provide that?

I2P's streaming connections do.  I had thought its datagrams do too, but
alas they do not.

I've started to think the present state of I2P is too unorganized and
its design too incomplete and too undecided to suggest trying to use it
currently.  But it's very good to hear of the plans to allow E over
different transports.

--
: Derick