[e-lang] Why is javax.swing.ActionEvent.getActionCommand() suppressed? (and a CapDesk bug)

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Fri Mar 7 00:03:05 EST 2008

javax.swing.ActionEvent.getActionCommand() appears to be necessary to
tell which of the Cancel or Open/Save buttons the user pressed in a
JFileChooser.

Why is this method suppressed? I mentioned it to Dean Tribble and he
thought there might have been some sort of information-leak or
spoofing problem (though I don't see how the latter could happen),
and that this came up during the DarpaBrowser review.

However, without this method (or a specialized sugaring on
JFileChooser) I can't see any way to correctly use JFileChooser.

(In particular, note that the caplet powerbox --
   src/esrc/com/skyhunter/e/security/
powerboxControllerMakerAuthor.emaker
-- fails to make the distinction, which is a dangerous bug: the
selected file, if any, will be granted to the caplet even though the
user intended to cancel.)

MarcS?