[e-lang] Joe-E Doc

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:45:40 EDT 2008

Does the complete supression of java.lang.StringBuffer indicate a bug
in the Joe-E verifier, since it is used in the expansion of the string
operators?

--Tyler

On 3/11/08, David Wagner <daw at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I thought I'd announce the release of Joe-E Doc, a taming-aware
> version of Javadoc for Joe-E.
>
> You can find the Javadoc API reference for the tamed Java libraries
> and for the Joe-E libraries here:
>  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daw/joe-e/api/
> (That URL is also linked to from the Joe-E web page.)
>
> These API docs were generated using the Joe-E Doc tool.  Joe-E Doc
> produces the usual output from Javadoc, but also annotates it with
> information from the taming database so that you can quickly spot which
> methods are suppressed, etc.  The page above will be automatically
> refreshed once a week to reflect the latest taming database and Joe-E
> library in the Joe-E Google Code Subversion repository and the latest
> Javadoc comments from the OpenJDK 7 Mercurial repository.
>
> Some of you may remember EDoc, a version of Javadoc built in the E
> project for a similar purpose.  Unfortunately EDoc was not open source
> and bitrotted.  Joe-E Doc fulfills a similar purpose to EDoc, but because
> Sun has released their OpenJDK under the GPL license, we're able to
> release the Joe-E Doc tool under an open source license (the GPL):
>  http://code.google.com/p/joe-e-doc/
> Joe-E Doc was written by Kanav Arora, Akshay Krishnamurthy, and Adrian
> Mettler.  Thanks, guys!
>
> If you peruse the API docs above, the first thing you'll notice is
> just how incredibly sparse the Joe-E taming database is.  If anyone
> would like to contribute to the Joe-E project, helping us build up a
> taming database might be a great place to start.

Use web-keys for RESTful access-control:
http://waterken.sourceforge.net/

Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/957/