[e-lang] help!

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 11:45:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Toby Murray
<toby.murray at comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>  This might also be the reason that MarkM does his E demos on a Mac
>  running Windows running Java running E. ;)  CapDesk should be made to
>  just work, however.

No, the reason was that I was running an in-development version of
causeway.e-swt that depends on being able to accept a command-line
argument. Since Causeway depends on SWT, I can't run it from the
command line on the mac -- I have to macify it. However, once
macified, I can't pass it a command-line argument, I can only
double-click on it.

More disturbing is why the Windows machine I was demoing on was
running on my Mac: It's because I couldn't install E on Tyler's
Window's PC. The install just hangs with (apparently) no useful
diagnostic.

CapDesk depends on AWT, not SWT. I've demoed CapDesk hundreds of times
on my Mac without emulation. The errors you and John report are
mysterious to me. I haven't encountered them before. Further help
diagnosing them would be great. Thanks!