[e-lang] help!

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Sun Mar 23 11:54:48 EDT 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 11:27, Toby Murray wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 08:38 -0400, Kevin Reid wrote:
>
>> CapDesk should just work. The only thing that I recall finding
>> unobvious when I first tried it is that you have to right-click to do
>> some file operations.
>
> It doesn't and never has for me on any of the Linux boxes and
> various E
> versions (from both the 0.8 and 0.9 series) that I've tried. I think
> I've gotten similar errors to the one John reports above.
>
> This might also be the reason that MarkM does his E demos on a Mac
> running Windows running Java running E. ;)  CapDesk should be made to
> just work, however.

A fine goal! However, as it doesn't fail for me, someone for whom it
does will have to track down the bugs. The simplest place to start is
applying the error-catching techniques in my previous message,

http://www.eros-os.org/pipermail/e-lang/2008-March/012644.html

(Is there any way that AWT can be given a different error handler?)